Upcoming Race Calendar

Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy National Doughnut Day!

I try and eat healthy...honestly, I do.  You couldn't get me to eat a vegetable as a kid.  I figured ways to hide broccoli in my milk and lobbied that since it included potato that McDonald's french fries should be a part of a major food group.

I however have grown-up and embraced all vegetables and try to incorporate them in my diet as much as possible (I would still like to not that if I could live on one food for the rest of my life, my choice would still McDonald's french fries.).

But I'm not going to lie..I like junk food.  I just **try** to have it in moderation as much as possible...or that willpower will allow me.

On that note, on my way to work this a.m. I dropped by Dunkin' Donuts for a cup of coffee since I desperately needed a caffeine jolt after doing Turbo Jam Cardio Party the evening before (or maybe it was the fact I was out at a bar until 1 a.m....but whatever).  I ordered my large french vanilla coffee and then the lady at the register asked me "would you like a free doughnut."  I said no, kinda perplexing as to why I was being offered a free doughnut.  And I really didn't have time to contemplate my answer as I was already running behind in getting to work.

As I left DD, I felt kinda proud of myself for refusing the doughnut...giving myself a little mental high-five for not giving my body those calories I really didn't need.

When I got to work and logged on to Facebook, I then saw why I was being offered a free doughnut.  Let me just wish you a "Happy National Donut Day".



Later on I noticed the article from Self Magazine on which doughnuts are the "best" for you...  Like I mentioned, moderation is the key...so let them eat donuts and check out which ones might actually be the better ones for you.  You'd be shocked at some of the factoids...like two cocoa doughnuts would be actually better calorie wise than one reduced-fat blueberry muffin.  Yikes! Who knew!

BEST BETS AT AMERICA'S FAVORITE DOUGHNUT SHOPS

No comments:

Post a Comment